In 2006, Everything Changed...
This year was (and unfortunately still is) a very wicked one. It started with a row I had with my mother where everything we were verbally fighting about was cleared up within minutes. I was kinda happy about that then, still knowing my mom had cancer and was suffering. When I left there, I had these three photographs with my mom on them that I got from her, knowing that they are some kind of a goodbye present.
She died on February 1st after having spent about three weeks at a place where people come for the very last part of their life. Until then, I have visited her every like two or three days, spending good and sad hours there at the same time, never really knowing about the nearest future.
At the end of February, my sleeping problems finally got worse, leading me to do one stupidity after the other: I was driving around under massive medical influence, caused an accident, came home and not being able to remember where I had been and what exactly has happened.
By May 2nd, once again, I was so out of my mind because of another sleepless night, I tried to go all the way by taking an overdose of medication, ended up in hospital the next day and was taken to a three month therapy from July to October. Generally, the therapy worked quite well: I started to get normal sleep after all and reached a major milestone: get away from medication (not that I was addicted to them, but only being able to fall asleep with medication for 14 months can be a problem).
By the end of September, sleep was getting worse all of a sudden again and hasn't really improved ever since. I am not on any medication, but I somehow feel that I might quit from there sooner or later...
So, 2006 was pretty shit, and most of all: it still is. Once again, I feel like being in a very deep depression. There's therapy hours twice a week (next one tomorrow evening), but only talking don't get me back on track I'm afraid. So what else is there to be done? I seem to have a wife who leaves me alone, I seem to have lost contact with my family because of many things, I am getting agressive every now and then because of my absolute helplessness, sleep still is a major issue, my kids start to look strangely at me...
After all, it's only about the disability of not falling asleep that keeps me from coming back on my feet. It's true: simple as that. But if you're struggling with that for close to seven years now, it's much more than just sleepless nights....
2 Kommentare:
The most remarkable to me is the support you seem to lack from your wife... she should be there for you in bad & good times. It sounds to me like severe loneliness, at least in your family life... but what else can I say? I guess it's time to make some radical dicisions...
Hi!
Its lots of different reasons to insomnia!
The best way is to try different changes in the life....with the food and how you live and think!it needs patience to find out of these things!
If its emotional problems behind the sleepingprobems,the problem can even lie back in your childhood,if its the food you eat,it takes a long time to find out!...also your way to live,-do you smoke?or do you otherwise live an unregular life...lots of stress!For example do you do things in the last hour with lots of stressing!All these things can take away a good nights sleep....
Do you do sport or not?
Lack of communication makes of course difficult for a man and wife to understand one another!
If you are "angry",- the family can feel you are angry with them!
When things go so wrong that you cannot find out about it.....you may need professional help,-
the last who can help you are your own family...they are too emotional involved in the situation and cannot see the real problem!!
Best wishes (you know who I am)
Kommentar veröffentlichen