Closing Gaps
Everyone knows these gaps that stay open through life. Be it things that you have missed buying or watching, things that you have lost and try to retrieve them again, or simply goals that you still want to achieve.
In my life, there have been some of these gaps. Some of them were harder to fill than others. But, when looking back on 2006 (again), many of them could be closed.
About five years ago, I stumbled over the power cord of my Synthesizer, causing the machine to drop on the floor and two keys to break. Thoroughly, I collected the pieces in order to glue it together again as soon as I have the time to do that.
When me and my wife visited Michel Granger in Paris in 2002, we also got one of his early business cards as a present. I planned to frame that business card, as it would look very nice on the wall. But finding a suitble wooden frame for that proved to be very difficult.
German TV station ZDF aired a mini series back in 1982, called "Der Schwarze Bumerang" ("The Black Boomerang") which I liked very much. I have never seen that on TV again ever since and was wondering whether a DVD release existed, but no luck whatsoever.
I am very fond of Turkish tea for more than ten years now and always liked the way it is made. When I first had "çay", I swore to own one of these kettles to be able to also enjoy it at home.
In the early eighties, I got a series of very good books as Christmas and birthday presents, reading them with much interest and admired the style of these books. I never knew where they disappeared ever since...
And finally, in 1990, I read a fantastic book which was edited in very limited numbers, so, after I didn't receive it back from a friend, retrieving it from any shop was a real pain.
Talking of gaps in the beginning, I wouldn't have listed all these things without a particular reason:
- I found the time and patience to repair the keys of my Synthesizer, it works fine now...
- I even made a custom wooden frame to hang Michel Granger's business card on the wall...
- Two days ago, I received a four-DVD-set containing all episodes of "The Black Boomerang" mini series...
- Since three months, we have a tea kettle to make fine Turkish "cay" ourselves at home. It tastes wonderful...
- Thanks to eBay, I also own the four books by Nick Norden again, which I got as presents from my grandma...
- And finally yesterday, the last gap could be closed: I received another copy of "Die Konsequenz Der Moral" by H. S. Panosetti ("Consequence Of Moral") and a more than 16 year long search is over...
Yes, it feels good to have these gaps closed. The internet, especially eBay did a lot to be able to achieve these goals. Feels good, indeed. Finally...
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen