Donnerstag, 23. November 2006

The Person

First things first. I am a huge fan of Jean Michel Jarre and his music, tracing his career since about 1980, but I'm not gonna bore you with how it all began. Only this: I was impressed by the sleeve of the "Oxygène" album when I held it in my hand.

The rest is history, kinda. At this point, I have gathered an immense collection of recordings directly connected to Jarre: more than 1300 different items are in my collection: some very rare pieces and much more of those that are not so sought after.

Well, I started to put together lists to keep an overview of what I have, especially for those situations when I find these tiny little record stores somewhere in France that seemed to have more than just regular releases. The list quickly became a huge list, which then became an even bigger one.

Since mid-2002, I am constantly working on a complete Jean Michel Jarre discography with the idea connected to it to display as much visual information about the items as possible. So there's a catalog with close to 1000 (!) pages right now. Besides that, I have created a website (www.jarre.ch) that contains the same information.

Yeah, that's about it... Should there be more ideas, I will post them as they come to my mind (again)...

Keine Kommentare: