Light Beside You...
From now on, I have decided to take whatever comes to my mind first as the title of every new post in this blog. Today, it's "Light Beside You" as in "Right [...]" because of Sophie B. Hawkins' mid-nineties song I quite like alot. I have learned that first ideas are not always the best, but in a way, they reflect what you are thinking about at this very moment. Of course you can train yourself to be hyper-spontaneous and instantly creative at the same time, but still...
Have I already said something yet? I have been talking, but nothing interesting is said so far today. Time to round up this blog (which is in existence for nearly 2 years now) a little bit and try to find out if there is "intelligent life out there somewhere". Or, no, let's make it this way: try to remember 3 things from the last 2 years, which is:
- Michel and his toothbrush
- The Nana story
- Sleep trouble
I don't think I would have to link to one of these points, as frequent readers of my blg (oh yeah, there are :) ) will exactly know wat I am talking about. Standing out of all this, the first point is still the heaviest and will be for the rest of my life.
Children are so special in everything they do. Not only are they adorable from here to there, but they're also quite difficult to handle sometimes. And it's ll about boundaries and testing them. A normal thing. For them, to do it. For us parents? Should be normal as well...
Michel is now 6 and his brother Ciril will be 5 end of next February. Birth of them is still so near and not forgotten (hell, how would I be able to?) and now, they're nearly grown-ups.
On August 18, I got a phone call from Sara around noon, that her grandpa has died (he was 86). Sara's whole family lives in Italy, near and around Ortona, which can be found when you spot Rome and then move to the other side of the country. Se then said that her parents would go to the funeral, which was set to be one (!) day later, in the morning. Going there by train is an adventure and you'd eventually end up being stuck on some train station in the middle of nowhere. So I offered to drive them there and back (around 2000km / 1260 miles), because Sara's father has already missed his mother's funeral because of the fact that it was scheduled on a too short hand's notice.
To cut a long wurst short: been there, came back tired, but unharmed and somewhat happy we were there. I will be writing about Italy later, because now, it would just go beyond anything...
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen