Montag, 4. Februar 2008

Looking Back (Part 2)

Talking about "Marigny" in my last post, there's some words to lose about. Chris and I started this adventure on Friday, December 24 and headed for Paris for the first time by car (!) which I promised myself to never do. Mind you, I have been to Paris for 21 times already and "successfully" avoided to go there by car. But this time, train / plane was too short-handed to still get cheap tickets, so the only option was by car.

It all worked pretty fine and it proved to be the best thing to go there with a navigation system (otherwise you'd be so freakin' lost in Paris) and met up with Nico_Noyau at Gare De Lyon to go to the apartment right after. Slept like a stone there, but not without being up and awake until about 3AM with talking, acting like kids and meeting Dark Shrimp...

Saturday was fun, too, and Paris saw some heavily Jarre-influenced dudes wandering around and visiting quite some venues which virtually had "Jarre" all over them: 26, Avenue Kléber, "The Queen's", "Man Ray" and finally the venue of this evening's concert: "Théâtre Marigny". In the evening, GeeJee and his giarlfriand, as well as Beatle arrived and we had a wonderful and fönni time at the concert.

Chris and I took about 1000 pictures (some of which you can see here) and got some very nice autographs after the event (2x on the sleeve of the new "Oxygène" CD, 1x on the factory sleeve of "Deserted Palace" LP).

The next morning, we took Nico to the train station again (thank god he made it, as we were quite short on time, guess why....) and headed home for Winterthur again.

When I look back on this, it's quite like 1997 when I happened to see JMJ twice as well: in Vienna and in Zurich: 2007 saw me attending Jarre-events in Lint (BE) and Paris. So also from this point of view, it was quite a successful year.

Now I truly hope that Jarre's 2008 tour will bring "Oxygène" into Swiss venues again (as "promised" by EMI Switzerland's Product Manager Sam Luethy)...

1 Kommentar:

Nicolas Kern hat gesagt…

Haha, looking back, we had a very very nice weekend together with Chris and Guillaume ! :D
We need more like that one :P