How To Build A Bridge Over 14 Years
It was back in April, 1993 when I first met Kara in France. Kara, a young girl from Durango, CO (USA) and I, amongst others, were spending some months on a French farm. When I left from there, I promised to come visit her in the US where she lived. "Yeah, sure...."
In May, 1993, I headed for Ontario, Canada, to spend another time away from home, this time, it was gonna be for close to 5 months. Beginning of July, 1993, I took the Greyhound and was aiming at Durango, CO and finally arrived there on July 8th, my 23rd birthday, called her number and said: "Hi Kara, how far from 'Rosewater's' to where you live?" - "---!".
I spend about one month in beautiful Durango before I had to leave again back for Ontario, but we've spent a wonderful time there, seeing many interesting things and people.
Sure, I was quite sad when leaving for Switzerland again in October, 1993. Ever since, we haven't been seeing each other, but were keeping contact ever since (letters, phone calls, emails). And every now and then, Kara was talking about coming to Europe, but t never happened, due to different reasons.
Today, she landed on Frankfurt Airport and is coming to see us tonight to hopefully spend some impressive days here with us...
I am not quite sure how we managed to stay in touch for all these years, because 14 years aren't just peanuts. As you can imagine, I am very much looking forward to meet her again, show her my little family and talk to her about all what's been happening in the past...
[To Be Continued...]
1 Kommentar:
Wow, very nice, I can only hope you'll have good time with her, but how come can't she like your little family ?
Let us know !! :D
Kommentar veröffentlichen